Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Favorite Poem


THE LAKE ISLE OF INNESFREE
by William Butler Yeats

I will arise and go now, and go to Innesfree,
And a small cabin build there,
of clay and wattles make:
Nine bean-rows will I have there,
a hive for the honeybee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.

And I shall have some peace there,
for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning
to where the cricket sings;
There midnight’s all a glimmer,
and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet’s wings.

I will arise and go now,
for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with
low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway,
or on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart’s core.

Fine Art Photography by Alison Du Bois

1 comment:

Katrina said...

these photos make my day! and who better to accompany them than Yeats!